[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Music Suggestions?

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:08 pm

Music Suggestions?

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Music Suggestions?

Postby Stoo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:23 pm

Any suggestions people?
Stoo
Show Host

Re: Music Suggestions?

Postby Lantern Jaw » Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Yeah, if you like Snake In The Eagles Shadow then why not have the track "Oxygene (part II)" by Jean Michel Jarre . It plays during the movie, when Jackie is training.

I bought the album just for this track, in my spare time I like to practice grabbing eggs off the top of poles whilst listening to this. Not really.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby chen lung » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:49 pm

Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby greenfanmike2 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:15 pm

'Tonto'
'Rainbow'

both are by Battles
greenfanmike2
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:56 pm

okay managed to get "Oxygene (part II)" by Jean Michel Jarre, I'll look into Battles.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:07 pm

Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Lantern Jaw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:48 am

This is not a music suggestion, I just wanted to go on record as saying that I heard some of the incidental music from Drunken Master in a 1969 British movie called "The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie" starring Maggie Smith. It was on TV in the staff room at work and being the only Kung Fu fan in the room (or certainly the only one geeky enough to know the Drunken Master score) I couldn't tell anyone, because there would be no point!!! Anyhoo.... I'm not sure what Ng See Yuen and co are doing watching a movie about a 1930's Edinburgh all girls school in the first place. How odd. :?
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby chen lung » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:19 am

Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby Drunken Master » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 pm

Wasn't that an Oscar winning film? Where better to pinch....er borrow some music?
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Lantern Jaw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:03 pm

Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:59 am

The begining part of the awesome "Tarkus" by Emerson Lake and Palmer was used to good effect on the opening credits of Hapkido (1973). Having said that being an ELP track it does kinda sound like a monkey chained to a keyboard.

Maybe go for the less intense, "Kung-Fu" from the album "1977" by Ash, which was used on the end credits of the Miramax version of Rumble in the Bronx.

I can't really think of anything else at the moment. :roll:
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Stoo » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:45 am

cheers for these suggestions mate.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:47 pm

Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Lantern Jaw » Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:21 pm

Theres a really cool instrumental track on "Tommy" by The Who called "Sparks" ...kind of accoustic, yet very upbeat. I like it anyway. :D
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:57 am

There are a few instrumental tracks on various Brian Eno albums that may make good background music. Not too intrusive. I'll snd you some to listen to if you like.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Next

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion