[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcasts

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:59 am

Podcasts

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcasts

Postby Stoo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:28 am

Hey,

Who else listens to podcasts or than Podcast on Fire?

If you do, do you think it's just me or is Podcast on Fire real amatur compared to everything else you listen to?

Maybe im being critical?

Maybe im not seeing the big picture?

Maybe I should ddrink more Jack Daniels?

Answers; Q3 - YES
Stoo
Show Host

Re: Podcasts

Postby Knetan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:40 am

hey,

well, in a way you gotta compare to the current non-output of Asian podcasts and its subject matter. And I still maintain we keep it well balanced. Fairly well informed, a good sense of fun and that isn't amateur in any way. Technically, I have no complaints Stoo so keep up the fine work my (drunken) friend. ;)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby tonsofun » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:52 am

how do you think it is amateur?
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:23 am

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:56 am

I feel amaturish because we're basic? if you get what I mean, its obvious we dont have a big cash studio behind us and we're not all recording the same room.

Maybe I am just being a bit quizical (sp?!)...

...funnily enough beside my mointer is a empty bottle of Jack Daniels. I've been nursing it for the past week.

I've ran out of words to say...I'll just press this Submit button now..
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:12 pm

hey,

I can assure you, Stoo... us adhering to a standard template for our bullshit shows with the ocassional topical cast and now commentaries, I think we're on a suitable path based on the fact that we're just fans, again fairly well informed and do it for free. So don't judge technical quality as a sign of expertise. Passion gets you longer.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby greenfanmike2 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:46 pm

greenfanmike2
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:25 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sun Dec 28, 2008 7:40 pm

I used to listen to Russell Brand untill he was bumped off by a band of bumbling pricks otherwise known as the general public. Other than that The Now Show on radio 4 is always good for a giggle.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:20 pm

hey,

only regularly tune into the Kevin Smith/Scott Mosier podcast (Smodcast). Lately gems like "Boob-erty" makes one come back to that show.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Randypan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:02 pm

Hi,i posted this next paragraph in another thread here,but thought i'd put it here too...

I'm rediscovering my love for HK cinema after a few years on the periphery of it,thanks to you guys and your podcast.
So i'm gonna take this opportunity to say thank you and keep up the good work!

Basically,your love for HK cinema shines through in your podcasts. The cameraderie is great and i think if you were to go down an altogether more 'serious' route,then it definately wouldn't be as enjoyable as it is now to listen to you guys.
I look forward to each new podcast and really appreciate the time and effort you put into them.

So once again,keep up the good work!
Randypan
Regular Listener

Postby Stoo » Mon Dec 29, 2008 7:56 am

Stoo
Show Host

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion