[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - kungfu/western??????????????????

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:32 pm

kungfu/western??????????????????

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

kungfu/western??????????????????

Postby bjandthebear » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi Guys

Love your podcast listen to it religously...
Can u guys help me,,ive been searchin for this film

that i saw when i was just a wee lad of 6yrs old.

the only 2 scenes i remmeber was i a chinese..woman

running away from a gunslinger..and as he reached for her hair

she pulled away and sliced his hands she used her hair as the

weapon ,,the other scene was

chinese guy goes to the middle of the town has a bag of gold coins

and starts to throw them like ninja shurikens and gets all the cowboys..

could ive been like a western/kungfu movie,,just not sure

anybody have any clues...help meeee

Thanks guys
Zardoz
bjandthebear
Dean Shek Fan

Re: kungfu/western??????????????????

Postby Stoo » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:19 am

I'm asking around mate :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:08 am

What year was it when you were six? ...Was it new then?
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby bjandthebear » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:33 pm

hi Guys

Thanks for the 2 posts so far..

The Year i saw this movie had to

be in 1974-75..but the movie could

have been made earlier..but im sure it

was a mix of western and martial arts

genre..its been about 20 yrs looking for this

Film...it would an incredible find..especially

for those 2 scenes i mentioned...

Thanks Amigos
bjandthebear
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:44 pm

hey,

I don't remember those scenes from Shaw Brothers/Italian co-production Blood Money (aka The Stranger And The Gunfighter) with Lo Lieh and Lee Van Cleef but time-wise it fits:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i029MB5De8g
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:22 am

I was thinking of "Blood Money" too when I started reading this thread, but those scenes don't seem familiar to me. There was another film around that time and I think it was called "Red Sun", but there may have been a Japanese Samurai in that one though? It has been over 20 years since I've seen it. :?

I'll give this some more thought. I think there was another film also.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby greenfanmike2 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:23 pm

What about this?

"I've got a gun, you've got 7 lives like a cat."
greenfanmike2
Co-Host

Postby Randypan » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:47 am

If it is the above film (Shanghai Joe),it pops up on the Movies 4 Men channel on Sky loads of times. Haven't seen it though!
Randypan
Regular Listener

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:58 am

I thinks I've seen that one under the "The Dragon Strikes Back" title. It may have been a UK DVD rental? I remember Klaus Kinski.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion