[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Top 3 favourite POF's of the year

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:16 pm

Top 3 favourite POF's of the year

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Top 3 favourite POF's of the year

Postby Knetan » Wed Dec 09, 2009 7:50 pm

hey,

if you're semi familiar with the show and or listen to it frequently, there is surely one that stands out. SHARE! :)

I'll have to be nicer to Mike this year and choose:

1. Image

It warms my heart listening back to this for that very tangent about walking around video stores back in my youth.

2. Image

For me personally representing a turning point in the show, where I got so much inspiration from hearing how the format could be varied up. Credit Stoo for that but also the inspirational words of John Kreng.

3. Image

Because monster movies fucking rule! A lot of external enthusiasm re-awakened my love for the genre and also inspiration to try and put on one hell of a show. Thanks the trio and all the guests! It's not over yet.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Top 3 favourite POF's of the year

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:15 am

I'd say...

3. The Two Tonys special, particulary Part 1 (POF 36), if not for the actual content but the album cover :lol: :

http://podcastonfire.com/category/audio ... ts/page/6/

One of my first POFS if I remember correctly and definately remember really enjoying it and gaining alot of interesting information and dvd ideas !

2. Podcast 48: Jaa vs. Yen- The battle for supremacy in the UK cinema world (http://podcastonfire.com/category/audio ... ts/page/3/)

Again, a topic I really enjoyed hearing you guys discuss, and thought you balanced taking-the-piss and seriously talking about the current state of Asian film in the UK and what you thought, very well (and I did get my first mention / question answered! yayyyyy :P lol)

1. Podcast on Fire 57: Two Year Anniversary Special (AKA Phone On Fire) (http://podcastonfire.com/category/audio/podcasts/)

Just so much fun to hear a big group discussion on all manners of things, Mike's absolute disgust with a certain Donnie Yen film was hilarious, and the constant connection / communication mishaps were a highlight and Stoo's has anyone a lady in their house question and outcome was also funny as hell. Great stuff!
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:23 pm

The lady in the house moment was pure genius. :lol:

I'll need to consider my 3 for a while though.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Fri Dec 11, 2009 8:25 am

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:43 am

hey,

you have a way with words, Stoo.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan