[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:43 pm

Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Re: Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Postby tonsofun » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:56 pm

i think a sammo special on the early 80's would be good. especially seeing as he changed the face hk action cinema. none were more influential than him. i'd say he's done more than jackie has
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Mon Jan 18, 2010 8:59 pm

I'm always up for anything on Sammo. :D

Do you think a poll would be in order for the Jackie specials like the one done for Jet Li?
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:09 pm

hey,

fuck polls. ;)

Since the Shaw show will take longer to as Mike is moving, this gives us the op to do some fairly simple shows on Jackie and Sammo. As I said, not too biographical but more a focus on their early days, how they influeced HK cinema and really, I don't fancy doing a part of a show where we talk of what we think of their current choices of film. As there's been said so much and written so much about these two, I don't think POF owes it to the world to discuss even MORE about why Jackie's choices mostly suck now. I like to keep it more festive and in-depth on the key moments.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:22 pm

A Jackie special could be a great way to get more listeners too if word gets around on Jackie fansites/facebook groups etc.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:29 pm

hey,

indeed. Can't always be special with our tastes.

Thoughts on what I mentioned above? Possible structure

Brief Bio

Early career - Choose a movie or two to watch and discuss

Influences, keys to his influence on Hong Kong cinema - Choose 2-3 movies to watch and discuss
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:31 pm

sounds about right.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:41 pm

hey,

bio done and it quickly lead into the film career so plan still holding together. No big details to get to the meat. ;)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:05 pm

Sounds great ! I'm guessing an extended length show would only be relaying facts and opinions that have already been said and spoke of so much already. Can't wait guys. :D
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:07 pm

hey,

exactly right, Tom... that's the kind of show I WASN'T keen to do.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Tue Jan 26, 2010 6:57 pm

hey,

updates on the behind the scenes work at POF coming ON AIR... next show.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:06 pm

hey,

ok, just to make it playful and varied, for at least the first two shows on Jackie we're doing it this way.

I handle the first along with a special guest.
Stoo the second along with guest or guests.

After that, we'll see. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:05 am

Indeed, for my show we've got two peeps lined up.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:08 am

hey,

am almost done with my research too. FYI listeners, I'll be covering the career up till 1982 and Dragon Lord.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Thu Mar 04, 2010 5:58 am

hey,

another piece recorded for the Shaw 50s/60s show with a noted critic and expert on Hong Kong movies.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:45 am

Hey all,

I'm following Jackie Chan on twitter, it really is the most up to date way of seeing what he is up to. Check out EyeOfJackieChan ...the "Tweets" are often by Jackie himself, sometimes by his PA (some gal named Victoria) they are always accompanied by a photo (Jackie at the dentist, Jackie feeding the dogs, Jackie in a meeting, Jackie on the toilet ...just kidding about that last one)

Thought this might be worth mentioning regarding the Jackie special.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

PreviousNext

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion