[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:38 pm

Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Re: Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Postby Stoo » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:20 pm

Cool.

In conclusion, I'm a idiot lol
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:35 am

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:02 pm

hey,

what do you guys think?

Going in depth on subjects we cover all the time, that always gets a mention and needs its ultimate show, shows.

*Hong Kong Vampire movies
Could be a super big special on the Mr. Vampire movies, including a commentary on part 2.

*Category III is already on the list and.

*Studio Ghibli
Again multi parts.

*Satoshi Kon
In light of his passing, going in depth on this very respected anime director

And that brings me to Japan On Fire in general, how do you guys feel about me and Stoo for instance reverting back to anime and Kaiju for more in depth episodes on aspects and subjects not covered? I mention those because those are subjects that really warms our respective hearts. :)

THOUGHTS?
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:36 pm

They all sound good to me. I would love the MR Vampire films to be done in depth and a commentary for number 2 would be ace as I think it is generally underrated. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned before.

I don't really know enough about Anime (though I've seen a few of the more famous films) so any pointers are welcome, and I'm always up for more Kaiju action. I think the first series of Kaiju casts was brilliantly put together.

I think you need to follow your hearts though and not go with popular consensus or the podcasts will feel like an obligation rather than a pleasure.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:47 pm

hey,

and that's kind of how I personally feel now. The Shaw Brothers show I'm sure we'll do part 1 of as so much is recorded but I personally don't want to start on another profile like Sammo's now but instead go with my heart into Ghibli, Lam Ching-ying and the likes. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:06 pm

Do what feels right. We'll always be on the other end of the headphone ! :D
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:25 pm

It's all about geting the time right. Personally I think a series of shows on Sammo would be great but if now is not the time then I can wait. My taste is pretty wide and I'm open to expansion. You'l get my support whatever you do. Hell. Even a Dean Shek show........... :lol:

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:34 pm

Wait, I thought we were going to announce the 25 part Ekin Cheng series starring with classics such as; Girls without Tomorrow, Mermaid Got Married and Boys are Easy! :evil: :evil: :evil:

But other than that, we're not expected to cover EVERYTHING, we tend to discuss shit we like.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:18 pm

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby tonsofun » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:00 am

Love the idea of a HK vampire film special but how many vampire films has hk mde outside mr vampire series and spooky encounters series?

category III would be fun but i know nothing about it so won't comment

studio ghibli would be another great one to do

a satoshi kon special would be a good tribute. but i've only seen paprika so i hope you can do the dude justice
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:24 am

I propose the following idea, what dop you think loyal listeners?

*Finishing up the Jackie season soon (have just received the movie)
*Shaw Brothers Part 1, much of which is recorded as far back as December 09!
*The Dead And The Deadly commentary
*Vampire Season: Mr Vampire
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:45 am

Sounds great, especially looking forward to Vampire season as it's a genre I've managed to neglect, although have interest in, especially concerning ol' Lammers !
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:13 pm

Busy busy busy. :D

Really looking forward to all of these.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:14 pm

Satoshi Kon episodes before all those maybe too.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I removed one paragraph about an upcoming special in the first post as it's now planned to turn into a long running series. It's not announced yet but it's a clue to you, my favourite people. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

PreviousNext

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion