[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:50 pm

Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Postby Knetan » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:22 pm

hey,

as a way of letting you in a little (but not too much) on the behind the scenes work here at POF HQ, I thought I'd share what's on the horizon:

The Shaw Brothers Special
It's finally happening after the failed, very unorganized experiment never did during year one. At the moment it looks like 3 shows is going to be the total, divided between the 60s, 70s, 80s/90s/00s. We're definitely have action choreographer, author and friend of the show John Kreng on board and I'm hoping to get input from Bey Logan as well in between him producing movies. It's all not going to be very scholar-like and experty-ish but we're gonna try to provide a general overview of matters and discussion on key movies for each respective decade.

The IFD/Filmark Special
This is something me and Mike Leeder have been discussing (and he did a written feature on the subject of their movies, in particular the ninja ones, in Impact recently) and being fans of bad cinema and the business aspect of mentioned distributors, for me anway it's a subject that will be dead on fun discussing.

The Bruceploitation Special
Although covered this topic when discussing the mockumentary Finishing The Game, I'm itching to dig deeper into the subject because it's both fun, shameless fun and really cruel business tactics surrounding it mostly. There's certainly a few passionate fans and writers that we're able to secure as guests too.

In between all this you get regular bullshit shows of course and commentaries.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Upcoming Podcast On Fire Specials

Postby Drunken Master » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:15 am

So I will get an answer to my question. Is there a good Ninja movie? :wink:

Some interesting specials lined up. Look forward to them all, but I do have a leaning towards the Cat lll.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 am

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:10 pm

I think it was considered as "joke" question. It kind of was. Me being flippant really, but I am still looking for the ultimate "Ninja" flick.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:03 pm

hey,

I'm sure Leeder will have some suggestions.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:06 pm

Very excited ! Lot of great stuff coming up :D
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Slipstreamer » Tue Dec 15, 2009 2:40 pm

I reckon we deserve another Wong Kar Wai special. Four Wong Kar Wai specials. With a foreward by Tracey Emmin.
Slipstreamer
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:21 pm

hey,

does anyone out of the trio actually WANT to do a WKW special? :D
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:28 pm

Who is just OOZING with pretention ? Who looks good, but is deep down very hollow? Who has the best shades? lol :mrgreen:
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:05 pm

hey,

not me. I wanna discuss fucked up shit and not shit.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby martin » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:03 pm

Just piece together any old WKW conversations, use alternate takes and piece it together as a one off 'redux' show...
martin
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:31 pm

What about a Dean Shek special? I'd love to get past that annoying comic kung fu character and find out about the real man inside.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:48 pm

hey,

brilliant, martin. If the guy with the shades can, so can we. :D

And I would rather do 10 Dean Shek specials than one WKW one.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:58 pm

I was being serious. :(

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:01 pm

hey,

and you know what I am too... only it wouldn't be 10 because I'm sure one is enough. You're very right, there is more to Dean Shek than meets the eye. No, not talking of the comical talent we're somewhat missing when he pees his pants but he's done quite a bit for HK cinema behind the scenes.
Knetan
Co-Host

Next

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion