[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast On Fire 67 thread

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:47 pm

Podcast On Fire 67 thread

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast On Fire 67 thread

Postby Knetan » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:28 pm

hey,

Stoo and Ken banter on about what's on in the POF future, Shaw Brothers dvd's, Chow Yun-Fat and podcast plugging!
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast On Fire 67 thread

Postby Knetan » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:38 am

hey,

the deleted conversations-pack is located here

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=470
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:34 pm

I completely completely agree with Stoo's comment on importing R1 dvds, the P&P to the UK is actually most of the time more than the dvd itself.

The last one I bought from the US was the equivalent of £4 for the dvd and £7 for the postage, this, along with those god-awful security stickers :evil: (which sometimes come in 3's if your unlucky) on the sides of the dvd that take forever to come off and always leave some sticky gunk on the sides and or rip the artwork; plus the fact about half the time I get supposedly new dvd's second hand re-shrink wrapped (no lies) that skip or don't work, plus the time it takes to exchange them always makes me stick to R2 or R3 unless it's something I REALLY want and not available in either of those regions. I'm not particulary bothered bout packaging when it comes to DVD's, I'm a 'buy for the movie' guy but I don't want my dvds sticking together lol :lol: and if I'm paying more than a tenner for a DVD I want it to be new and pretty positive it's going to play. Ok, rant over ! lol :)
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:47 pm

It can sometimes be cheaper to buy R1 discs from Amazon. I've picked up a few of the Dragon Dynasty releases and they didn't cost an arm and a leg for posting or import tax. It normally warns you that an import tax may be payable, but so far I've got away with it.

I've got to get me a copy of "Taxi Hunter" though. I've read so much about it and the clips I've seen, especially the gun practice scene is hysterically funny...... as seen on You Tube.

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:51 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:19 pm

hey,

and that sequence isn't typical Hong Kong cinema wackiness. It's genuinely clever and Herman Yau showing early signs of what an underrated comedic and satirical director he is.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby charlie parker » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:51 pm

'Taxi Hunter' is gold. Though a typical HK movie of its time in its mix of styles. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

PS. Checked out Ken's plugs and Bmoviecast and Mondo Movies are both great. Recommend mondo movies best of the decade show, plenty of asian picks. bmoviecast's look at Manos, The Hands Of Fate is hilarious.
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Knetan » Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:55 pm

hey,

yea, a typically big acting Ng Man-tat as a wacky cop doesn't do Taxi Hunter any favours.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:05 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:56 am

I haven't visited Mondo yet, but I will. Hopefully I'll have some spare time Thursday evening. :?

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Yo! Great show, great extras. Thanks! May the Shaws be with us, indeed. :D

Also I feel glad that Chow Yun Fat has moved on if it is at times shakey material. I genuinely feel like flying about with guns has been overdone by the mainstream (eg the Warshowski Bros) almost to the point of no return.

...Just thought I'd throw in my 10p worth.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Feb 04, 2010 8:13 pm

Hey Stoo. Have you noticed on the front page of the Mondo website there is a paypal link for any listeners who wish to make a contribution. Have you considered doing something like that for POF?

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:23 pm

I haven't honestly.

Since I mentioned that I was going to do up the right menu bar I should include one :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Mondomovie have payed back the plug you gave them at the start of their new podcast, N0.101.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:18 pm

hey,

yea heard back from Dan a few days ago so have been waiting for it to get online. :) Cheers.
Knetan
Co-Host

Next

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion