[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Japan On Fire 4-5 – Voices On Kaiju: August Ragone

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:56 pm

Japan On Fire 4-5 – Voices On Kaiju: August Ragone

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Japan On Fire 4-5 – Voices On Kaiju: August Ragone

Postby Knetan » Sat Feb 20, 2010 11:59 am

hey,

Enjoy and discuss!

Be sure to check out the epic 50 minutes of extras including the answer to where and how taps- and faucets-kaijus came to be!

Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Japan On Fire 4-5 – Voices On Kaiju: August Ragone

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:29 am

Another intersting view on the Kaiju films. Personally I think it's great to hear these guests talk with so much enthusiasm about these movies. This whole series has been a credit to you, Ken. Just makes me want to see more of these films. :D

Is there more?
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:53 am

hey,

thank you and I'm the same, I love hearing enthusiastic views on cinema. Especially cinema more connected to escapist entertainment, sci-fi, horror... well B- and cult movies in general although the various Kaiju are grade A productions.

We finish off with the remainer of my chat with John Kreng in a few weeks.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:16 am

I'll look forward to that.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:34 pm

Ken, DM is right, you've been a great credit to this Japan on Fire series.

I think Japan on Fire could almost grow into it's own sub-podcast, presicion25 mentioned Zatoichi films, that's something we've not covered, yakuza movies have also been mentioned. I can see more in the future.

I hope no one thinks that I'm a lazy cunt since most of these JOF don't have me on the show and no editing done by me either etc.

Ken is being a star.

A definite credit to the site.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:13 am

hey,

thanks man and I'm sure no one thinking anything along those lines, Stoo No worries. :)

Good idea has been taken in via precision25.

One pf many fun things coming up...;)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 am

I was thinking Stoo was being lazy but I didn't want to say anything in case it upset him. :wink: :lol:

As for future JOFs, I really hope you keep these coming. Japanese cinema is an area I only have a limited experience of and am keen to discover more. Personally I'd love to hear a Sonny Chiba special (Or two if you think it warrants it). Also the films of "Beat" Takeshi are a favourite of mine so I'd love to hear your thoughts on them. :roll:

Reason for edit: My decrepid mind typed in POF instead of JOF. :?
Last edited by Drunken Master on Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:55 am

Thanks for the ideas, golden oldie :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:03 pm

Finally managed to listen to this- I've been a busy boy and fully apologize for not keeping up to date ! :lol:
Great stuff again Ken, the first Gamera film of the 90s is the funnest film I think, ever. Really meaning to catch up with the sequels after your review of the second.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion