[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Ideas

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:48 am

Ideas

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Ideas

Postby presicion25 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:28 pm

First off,
I love your Podcasts. All three of you guys are great. Very entertaining and informative about HK Cinema. Ive seen alot of movies but there are alot you guys discuss, that I haven't seen. Its nice to hear Podcast on Fires thoughts on a movie that way I know whether or not to pick it up. I have several hundred Old School Kung Fu films and several dozen modern HK films like Infernal Affairs, Initial D, and some other Triad dramas. Ive even got Dragon Gate Inn. lol

I was wondering,

Would you guys ever do a podcast on:

1. Zatoichi (Shintaro Katsu's Films from 1962 to 1989 and TV show from 1974 to 1978)

2. Old School Kung Fu movies. By this I mean the Taiwanese ones that Chi Kuan, David Chiang and dozens of others went off and made. (Movies like 7 Grand Masters (Mark and Jack Long and Lee Yi Min), Shaolin Traitorous (Chang Yi and Carter Wong), The Victim, Iron Fisted Monk and Warriors Two (Sammo Hung), The Unbeaten 28 (Meng Fi). Basically anything not at Shaw Brothers although your welcomed to discuss whatever you want. I just never hear anyone talk about these films because they always get placed second to shaw brothers. I ordered the ghost hill on dvd since Ken mentioned it. Ive never heard of it before he mentioned it. Also, Taiseng released alot under their Martial Arts Theater banner several years ago, you could mention any films from there as well.

These are just ideas so your welcomed to use whatever you can come up with. I'm looking foward to future podcasts.

Regards,
Louis Perez
Tampa, Florida
U.S.A.
So many movies, so little time...........

My Hong Kong Film mini-blog: http://hkcinemaquickies.blogspot.com/2010/07/intro.html

Inspired by Ken; Mr Cat III himself.
presicion25
Ekin Cheng Fan

Re: Ideas

Postby Stoo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:10 pm

Hey dude,

thanks for the kind words.

Yeah, Zatoichi will be a future subject for Japan on Fire for sure!

I love a bit of Old School Kung Fu too, that'll occasional pop up in the main show and possibly through selected Specials, our Sammo Hung Special will focus at least one entire episode on his old school kung fu flicks, Magnificent Butcher, Warriors Two etc.

For Sure!

Thanks for that post dude :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby presicion25 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:20 pm

Awesome. I cant wait.

I do apologize for posting this in the wrong section. :oops:

My Hong Kong Film mini-blog: http://hkcinemaquickies.blogspot.com/2010/07/intro.html

presicion25
Ekin Cheng Fan

Postby Stoo » Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:31 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby presicion25 » Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:28 am

awesome! Thanx for the info. 8)

presicion25
Ekin Cheng Fan

Postby TheShayneShow » Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:48 am

Any chance of a Beast Cops commentary or maybe Dragon Squad ?
TheShayneShow
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:23 am

hey,

the idea of doing a commentary that has one already is not a good one for me personally. Dragon Squad I haven't seen but don't in general like Daniel Lee's films outside of dramas. Black Mask is an exception though. :)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby TheShayneShow » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:39 am

TheShayneShow
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:14 am

"Dragon Squad" is not one of my personal favourites. I can just about forgive Sammo for being in it as his performance is one of the few good things about it. :( On the whole it's a film I've yet to revisit and part of me is in no rush.

"Beast Cops" has a great commentary on the HKL release.

I can wholeheartedly say that it's the films without existing coms that I really want to hear. Looking forward to "Young & Dangerous".
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby TheShayneShow » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:53 am

TheShayneShow
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:17 am

It's by Bey Logan and director Gordon Chan..... if my memory serves me right.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:51 am

hey,

correct.

Daniel Lee's dramas like Till Death Do Us Part shows he can be his flashy MTV self and still tell a good story. Shame he's gotten away from that.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion