[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast on Fire 71: Puffin Ekin

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:17 pm

Podcast on Fire 71: Puffin Ekin

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast on Fire 71: Puffin Ekin

Postby Knetan » Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:52 pm

hey,

Recorded a long time ago in February but we're timingMikemetTsuiharkit well with the release of LOVE IN A PUFF that we discuss on the show.

No deleted conversations this time. We recorded essentially what you hear. :)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast on Fire 71: Puffin Ekin

Postby Stoo » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 pm

I'm keen to know from our forum, what was your first Pang Ho-Cheung flick?

As I mentioned; Men Suddenly in Black.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:26 am

I've only seen "Men In Black". :(

His films certainly look interesting but I've just not got around to them yet. Alas, other things that I'm more keen to see keep getting in the way.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:04 am

Haven't had chance to listen yet, but I haven't seen any of his stuff either really.

Does Fulltime Killer count, as it was based on his novel ? :D (Guilty pleasure alert!!)

Men Suddenly in Black and A.V. look great though, it's a shame none of them are on DVD in the UK, as I definitely rent from LOVEFiLM more than I buy these days...
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Stoo » Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:33 pm

Beyond Our Ken is my all time fav, the only problem is that i've lost the DVD, left it at a pals house, he's moved twice since then, bugger knows where it's ended up
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Lukster » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:34 pm

I've only seen Men Suddenly in Black, and I'm sorry to say I didn't really like it. I would like to check out more of his stuff though, so I'll make a mental note to do that.
Lukster
Forum Regular

Postby TheShayneShow » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:07 pm

The first Ho-Cheung Pang film I saw was You Shoot, I Shoot, I thought it had some fun moments but from what I remember I wouldn't say it was an amazing movie.

I have Suddenly Men in Black but I haven't gotten around to watching it yet
TheShayneShow
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:39 pm

hey,

"Pang Ho-Cheung's fluffy and profanity-laden romantic comedy is tame but also one of his funniest films, thanks to co-writer Heiward Mak's hilarious dialogue. However, the insignificant story likely qualifies it as one of Pang's lesser efforts."

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews_2/love_in_a_puff.html

Can't wait.

Rated III too. Muhaa. :)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion