[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast On Fire 72: Trailer-MAAAAAAANNNIA!

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:03 am

Podcast On Fire 72: Trailer-MAAAAAAANNNIA!

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast On Fire 72: Trailer-MAAAAAAANNNIA!

Postby Knetan » Sat Apr 03, 2010 10:50 am

hey,

Enjoy and there's some
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast On Fire 72: Trailer-MAAAAAAANNNIA!

Postby Tom K.W. » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:43 am

Another nice previews episode !

Seeing the Ong Bak 3 trailer makes me think the sequels may work a lot better as one cohesive film? Only time will tell. Not massively excited after my dissapointment with 2, but will be sure to catch it (but in no rush).

The Shaolin (Temple) teaser looks beautiful. I haven't seen a lot of Benny Chan's earlier works, so I may have a slightly misaligned impression of him, but for me he's always been the guy to go to for a brainless, fun, action movie. I'm talking Gen-X Cops, Who Am I ?, Heroic Duo, New Police Story to some extent- this looks like it has a lot of depth and heart to it though. I currently have a bit of a soft spot for Andy Lau aswell as my girlfriend loves him and we've been watching a lot of his movies. This would be one (fingers crossed) that'd I'd love to see at the cinema.

The Stool Pigeon looks great, I think the strange not fully-coloured in picture looks a fresh angle. If the film does look like that, I really don't think it'd bother me, looks kinda cool. The Beast Stalker, although an exciting thriller, failed to engage me completely if I'm honest and while I appreciated the film aesthetically and the story quality, I didn't really care for the characters enough. I think this just may be Dante Lam's achille's heel, in that he delivers with the action / thriller-ish elements, but needs a co-director (as in Gordan Chan with Beast Cops) to really make the characters interesting and with potential for emotional investment. Looking forward to it.

Great stuff my men!
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:58 am

hey,

thanks, Tom!

It's probably true that dante isn't as adept at characters, unless done with a quirky twist or in the put everything in a blender way that is Jiang Hu The Triad Zone. Having said that, I thought Beast Stalker did ok in that regard. Functional characters within the action thriller and especially Zhang Jingchu is a major idol for me now. That girl is going to be a star.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby TheShayneShow » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:59 am

I haven't seen Ong Bak 2 but I've curious about it, I didn't know it was a sequel in name only to Ong Bak, I think I'll wait until the third movie is out on DVD and then watch them both back to back.

Mildly shocked to hear myself name checked on the show :)

Great show by the way.
TheShayneShow
PoF Historian

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion