[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Japan On Fire 4-6: John Kreng

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:05 am

Japan On Fire 4-6: John Kreng

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Japan On Fire 4-6: John Kreng

Postby Knetan » Mon May 03, 2010 5:43 pm

hey,

So the Kaiju-themed Japan On Fire ends with an as always energetic chat about them awesome Japanese monster flicks. Plus RoboCop.

Check out the Deleted Conversations posted as well! Thanks for all the support during this long running series! We had a blast!
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Japan On Fire 4-6: John Kreng

Postby Lantern Jaw » Tue May 04, 2010 2:40 pm

Great episode, Kreng is the man! Interesting talk and of course most of it centering around why myself and countless other got into this kind of cinema in the first place. Also, a ton of movies name dropped that I want to invest in. :D
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Wed May 05, 2010 12:27 pm

A nice end to the series, Ken. Your enthusiasm radiates throughout. I'll have to go back to these and listen again in a few months time. I'm still working through the early POFs at the moment. Nice to include the off topic discussions too. Ridley Tsui is certainly out there when it comed to crazy stunt work. The clips from "No Regret, No Return" I saw on YouTube certainly got my interest going to see more.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed May 05, 2010 3:38 pm

hey,

thank you, appreciate it guys. :)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Wed May 05, 2010 9:38 pm

Great show on the end of a run of great episodes. John Kreng has defo been my favourite interviewee, just seems like a great guy to talk with about anything under the sun and absolutely knows his shit 100%. Been a brilliant series overall guys.

Ps. All the RoboCop talk was immense. Overall, the uncut version for the most part just adds a bit of extra gore here and there, but interestingly creates some slight moments of humour and we get to see some great camerawork that was unfortunately cut out of the theatrical release.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion