[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - When did you get on board?

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:13 pm

When did you get on board?

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

When did you get on board?

Postby Stoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:16 pm

What was your first episode of podcast on fire? What number? Where u here from the beginning or have you just tuned in?
Stoo
Show Host

Re: When did you get on board?

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:19 pm

Number 1

and still listening. :twisted: Work out your own reasons.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Lantern Jaw » Thu Jun 24, 2010 5:27 pm

Can't remember. I was googling for audio commentaries and found your Eastern Condors one.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:57 pm

Early 2009, I'm pretty sure my first ep was the Easter Condors COF aswell (found via a link on Far East Films, you guys actually popped my podcast cherry aswell :wink: lmao) but it was the Tale of Two Tonys I distinctively remember really enjoying and made me want to keep following POF's output.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Stoo » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:08 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 pm

My wallpaper for a week after :lol:

In all fairness, I think part of the appeal was that you guys don't take yourselves too seriously (enough to photoshop your faces onto womens bodies :o )
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Mr. Jones » Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:07 am

Hello, I'm Mr. Jones. Really. That's my name. Honest.

First post and here seemed like as good a place as any to kick things off, though I will probably use this as a bit of an introduction as well (only to have someone point out an intros thread that I managed to miss). So, If this turns into a rambling post of Jibba Jabba, I apologise now.

I was a bit of a latecomer to Podcast On Fire. I started listening in October last year, the first was (of what was to become many) Japan On Fire: Kaiju. I hadn't watched any Kaiju films for a fair number of years, however, that episode caught my interest, I enjoyed it and I have been listening ever since. It also managed to put a huge dent in my bank balance as I forked out for a pile of Kaiju films I hadn't watched in years. Mrs. Jones did not approve.

Kaiju may have brought me here (erm... perhaps I should rephrase that) but my main interest lies with Japanese and Korean cinema, although, like many, it all started in my formative years with the likes of Monkey! and The Water Margin, then it continued into my teens with Hong Kong action films at their finest.

Some of my favourite directors include Kim Ki-duk, Im Kwon-taek, Yasuzo Masumura, Seijun Suzuki, Tsui Hark and Kinji Fukasaku. There are a whole host of others, but I realise this is turning into a post of EPIC proportions, so that will do for now.

Keep up the great work you have done so far.

Cheers.

Mr. Jones.

And remember, just because someone talks a lot it doesn't make anything they say any more valid... unless it's me, then it does.
Brechdan gaws, os gwelwch yn dda.
Mr. Jones
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:10 am

Top notch first post Mr. Jones ;)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:49 am

Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby mike maley » Sat Jun 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Since number 1.

Was a member of the DragonsDen forum and found out about POF from there.

I have been lucky enough to appear on a couple of episodes and have enjoyed listening and participating in POF immensely.

It does help that the POF boys are a great bunch of peeps!
"ding but ding, baat but baat, so chung sum hau nei but loy ngor but faat"
mike maley
Dean Shek Fan

Postby greenfanmike2 » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:16 pm

The picture of Stoo I photoshopped for the Tale of Two Tonys is one of the best things I've ever done with my life. Seriously. It brings me joy.
greenfanmike2
Co-Host

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion