[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Commentary On Fire: Scared Stiff (1986)

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:45 pm

Commentary On Fire: Scared Stiff (1986)

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Commentary On Fire: Scared Stiff (1986)

Postby Knetan » Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:05 pm

hey,

Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Commentary On Fire: Scared Stiff (1986)

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:48 am

Nice commentary track guys. I watched the film for the third time last night and the well researched and imformative commentary track made me appreciate a few things I'd previously not taken that much notice of. I especially liked the way genuine emotion was displayed during the extreme violence during the finale. A great and possibly under valued film and a commentary track as good as anything I've heard on any bought DVD. Your best to date IMO and certainly one I will revisit on a future watch. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:20 am

Cheers mate, 90% credit goes to Ken aka K-Town the Researcher!
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:37 am

hey,

ah fuck off, I would be nothing without having you to bounce off. Hugs! :D Your eye helps too in terms of spotting the story and other details in the background. :)

Thanks for the kind words, DM. What aspects of the movie made you more aware after our comm as you mentioned?
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:23 am

I think to a point I was not paying that much attention to the first half of the film on previous viewings. It was like having to get through some awful and largely unfunny crude comedy just to get the the exciting second half. Hearing your comments (The sex scene - though not graphic - was a hoot! Stoo sounded almost embarrassed. :wink: ) made me pay a bit more attention and so it didn't feel like such a trek. I didn't make the connection to "Dreamscape" either, though it is pretty obvious really. I also have to admit that I didn't notice some of the actresses until names were put to faces........ but that's my bad anyway. :oops:

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:20 am

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Hey guys, FINALLY got around to catching this this morning via the Youtube edition, brilliant stuff as per usual homies- I think this is for certain your best commentary so far.

The facts and background information factor was very high; Ken, you amaze me constantly with your knowledge on obscure-ish films and Stoo, you brought the funny to the table as always ! Very professional and endlessly entertaining.

Dudes, loved it. :D
Last edited by Tom K.W. on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:08 pm

hey,

thanks you, Tom. I like my brain holding on to that useless knowledge of obscure shit. :) Wouldn't be me otherwise. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:47 pm

I always say there is nothing trivial about trivia. :?

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:41 pm

hey,

few commentaries would ever mention GOODBYE MY FRIEND so am kind of proud of that. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby presicion25 » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:13 pm

I loved the commentary guys. great work. :)
So many movies, so little time...........

My Hong Kong Film mini-blog: http://hkcinemaquickies.blogspot.com/2010/07/intro.html

Inspired by Ken; Mr Cat III himself.
presicion25
Ekin Cheng Fan

Postby Knetan » Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:35 pm

hey,

thanks man, we try. Always aim for a mix of info, views and if the flick allows (and it did), fun.
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion