[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast On Fire 79: Jackie Chan Special Part 3 (The 90s)

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:35 pm

Podcast On Fire 79: Jackie Chan Special Part 3 (The 90s)

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast On Fire 79: Jackie Chan Special Part 3 (The 90s)

Postby Knetan » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:13 pm

hey,

Part 3 of our epic series is online so enjoy the show a whole hell of a lot and hey, feedback is welcome! What did we do wrong, did we do anything right?

The additional 40 minutes discussion on Thunderbolt .
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast On Fire 79: Jackie Chan Special Part 3 (The 90s)

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:33 pm

Tip top as always fellas, great guest line up :D

Overall we got the more bigger-budgeted, lavish films of Jackie's career, a bit of experimentation with his persona and what roles he could play along with some international recognition.
Last edited by Tom K.W. on Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Lantern Jaw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:43 am

I saw a pirate VHS version of DM 2 centuries ago. And even that involved my mate fast forwarding to the fights. ...May we both get our copies of Drunken Master 2 in this lifetime Tom :D Weren't the 90's patchy because Jackie relinquished directing too often? Aside from a few Stanley Tongs, Lau Kar Leung and Crime Story, the non-Jackie directed stuff of the 90's wasn't so good. (having said that I am a fan of Twin Dragons - guilty pleasure, original dub of course).

Anyhoo Tom , I disagree with you on Op Condor. But great podcast, I'm sure we can agree on that. When was Who Am I made 1998? ...The end fight was great.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:53 am

Another great show guys. Nice guest slots too.

I was lucky to pick up a copy of the Thrakal (If that's how it's spelt?) release of "Drunken Master 2" last year dirt cheap from someone getting rid of his Asian film collection. I also have the US "Legend Of The Drunken Master" version. It is one of those films I would love to see remastered and re-issued with a Bey Logan commentary track....unless you guys fancy a go at the com track?

Nice to hear your comments on "Thunderbolt" too. I also first saw it on that BBC2 broadcast when it was shown out of the blue and was later forced to buy the US import when my VHS jammed in my player. :cry: It's another guilty pleasure for me as I know it's basically bottom of the barrel stuff, especially for Jackie Chan working with Sammo Hung....... but what the hell!
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby presicion25 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:35 pm

Yes. As Drunken Master said. Great show!

It kept me entertained at work last week. I also liked the insight of the guests and of another Podcast crew (VCinema).

Keep up the good work :D
So many movies, so little time...........

My Hong Kong Film mini-blog: http://hkcinemaquickies.blogspot.com/2010/07/intro.html

Inspired by Ken; Mr Cat III himself.
presicion25
Ekin Cheng Fan

Postby tonsofun » Mon Aug 16, 2010 2:52 pm

i got a pirated vhs of drunken master 2 if anyone wants. vcd quality adn subs unreadable at some points. but it is one way to see it. free for anyone interested as long as they pass it around
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Tom K.W. » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:14 pm

Goddamn, I wish I still had a VHS player as I would take that off your hands tons ! Sadly, mine kicked in a year ago and haven't been able to pick up one since :(
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion