[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Guest Suggestions

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:11 pm

Guest Suggestions

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Guest Suggestions

Postby Stoo » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 pm

Guest Suggestions

picking up from last forum

stoo; we're willing to take in suggestions for Guests, we'll try and contact them and bring them in for brief interviews on the show.

Obviously we can't deliver all the big names, mainly because;

it isnt that easy asking for Jackie Chans phone number

A majority of Asian Film stars might not speak english

Yeah so we could possibly get in contact with some of the hosts from some of the Asian Film sites online, possibily other Film Experts etc.

Let us know!

knetan; I had this crazy idea of actors and directors that would be doable and one name popped up: Barbara Wong, director of Truth Or Dare: 6th Floor Rear Flat. I dunno, might and should be impossible but fuck it, am gonna try. I know she's studied abroad and stuff so English isn't a big problem I think.

Let's say we do get her, it would require some prep from staff. Mainly seeing movies like TOD or The Runaway Pistol which she acted in.

tons; as far as guests go. i think the important thing is try and bring in people who are knowledgeable in diff fields. so you can have diff themes.

e.g. get a shaws expert, a jackie expert, a modern hk pop-culture expert etc

there are tons of sites out there that review asian stuff. some of them will probably show interest

pants; Yea I definatly think the webmasters of other sites like you did with Dragonsdenuk is a good idea, then you get thier regular readers. Kozo from Lovehkfilm would be good, sure you would have great debates on Ekin!

stoo; The DDuk show has been pushed back to next month.

Ross Chen, aka Kozo, has agreed to appear on a show with us next month

pants; Thats good then.

I would recomend myself, not based on my knowledge or entertainment value, just the fact I'm a superficial, attention seeking whore. But I dont have skype... and my girlfriend will give me funny looks if I start talking to my computer.

tons i think gary would be a good laugh if past conversations are anything to go by
Stoo
Show Host

Hello!

Postby Yuen Fei Lung » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:12 pm

Hey guys, just discovered the show. I've been a huge fan of cinema ever since I can remember and it's great to find a podcast dedicated to it. I'm sure I'll learn about many more great movies listening to the podcast. I'm particularly interested in seeing more Shaw Brothers films at the moment.

As for suggestions, well as hard as they would be to get, it would be awesome to hear you guys interview some of the people involved in Tai Seng and Dragon Dynasty. It would also be interesting to hear interviews with guys like Bay Logan and Ric Meyers.
Yuen Fei Lung
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Thu Feb 21, 2008 10:19 pm

Bey Logan has agreed to do a show with us. We will need to set up a date etc.

As for Ric Myers, we've not approached him, we done a little bashing of him :) all in good fun though.

As for our latest episode we talked alot about Shaw Brothers, as well as a Shaw Brother Themed show in the next coming months.
Stoo
Show Host

re

Postby mike maley » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:08 pm

Just a thought maybe it might be worth a try contacting Mark Houghton for the Gweilo based POF and see if he might participate or be interviewed?
"ding but ding, baat but baat, so chung sum hau nei but loy ngor but faat"
mike maley
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:46 pm

its worth looking into I'll see what can be done etc
Stoo
Show Host

Postby martin » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:42 am

How about Richard Norton or Cynthia Rothrock?
martin
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:43 pm

We will see what we can do :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby tonsofun » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:12 pm

tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion