[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast on Fire 81: Vampire Season – Mr. Vampire (1985)

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:55 pm

Podcast on Fire 81: Vampire Season – Mr. Vampire (1985)

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast on Fire 81: Vampire Season – Mr. Vampire (1985)

Postby Knetan » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 am

Happy Halloween and enjoy the first all throughout the show FEMALE perspective on Hong Kong films and Hong Kong horror comedy in particular. All MR. VAMPIRE and Happy Halloween guys!
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast on Fire 81: Vampire Season – Mr. Vampire (1985)

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:00 pm

Episode was great gang, the fresh impetus (my gosh, FEMALE impetus !) was a nice change to things. Very enjoyable, can't wait to hear the other episodes.

The Mr. Vampires are films I haven't seen (I blew my chance to pick up what looked to be a brand new copy of the HKL DVD about a year ago in the local market for like £3 or something- saw it, went to meet the missus, got out some money, went back to pick it up, market closed, DVD vanished next day. :cry: twas a bitter pill to swallow !) but as usual, the more I hear you guys talk about the films, the more I'll get excited and want to see them ! Roll on the rest of the season...
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby tonsofun » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:13 pm

i got a copy you can borrow if you like. it seems a shame you haven't seen it yet
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 pm

If you have and don't mind tons that'd be exceptionally kind mate !
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby tonsofun » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:10 pm

i don't mind. it makes me feel morally superior to help out a fellow asian film fan. :P
just pm me your addy and credit card details. :lol:
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Tom K.W. » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:24 pm

Ha ha ! Cheers mate, will do. :D
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Cactus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm

As a Bruceploitation fan I just love Kenneth mentioning Bruce Le fighting a bull. That scene - that whole movie - is one of the most entertaining Bruceploitation things ever.

Cactus
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:39 pm

There's TWO in Sweden that listens (including me!), yay!

CHALLENGE OF THE TIGER indeed is the anti-dote to fucking SHIT like half an hour's worth of MING MING.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:31 pm

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby chen lung » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:44 pm

More from our leading lady!
Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby tonsofun » Sat Nov 27, 2010 7:06 pm

I want the Twins Effect podcast. :D
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Lantern Jaw » Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:56 pm

Just listening to the episode again. Amber was great wasn't she? Get her on again I say! Anyways you were talking about younger actors doubling for ageing martial arts veterans; Ken mentioned Mars doubling for Richard Norton in City Hunter. But lets not forget Lam Ching Ying himself who, must've been in his late teens, when he doubled for Shek Kin for the hall of mirrors finale of Enter The Dragon. Shek of course has the slick black hair so no need for white powder!

You can see Lam Ching Yin and Bruce Lee setting up the shot in the original Enter The Dragon promo trailer, probably available on youtube. Specifically in the movie, Bruce executes a side-kick that sends the evil Han tumbling towards camera, reflected in many mirrors; that is Lam Ching Ying (who is of course also visible in the big group brawl, many times over, smashing a pole and performing spin kicks).
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion