[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast on Fire 82: Jackie Chan Special Part 4 - 2000 - ????

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:37 pm

Podcast on Fire 82: Jackie Chan Special Part 4 - 2000 - ????

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast on Fire 82: Jackie Chan Special Part 4 - 2000 - ????

Postby Knetan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:10 pm

The series concludes so enjoy, discuss, feedback and thank you for all your support during this fairly big undetaking that lasted from May till November. Look back on the old episodes below:

- Ken and Brian Kirby
- Stoo, James Aylmore and Mike Maley
- Stoo, Ken, Chris Jones + guests
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast on Fire 82: Jackie Chan Special Part 4 - 2000 -

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:19 am

A fine end to the series. Very enjoyable. I particularly loved the venom spat by Ken at New Police Story. I personally think the film has some great action but it is spoiled by some awful (melo)drama. I don't hate it though. And yes. How ironic that Jackie is famous for playing the Drunken Master, but can't act drunk in this film at all.

:lol: And I got name dropped on the Little Big Soldier section. I told you it was Jackie's best in the last ten years.

I'll have a listen to the Shinjuku Incident on the way home. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:25 am

Thanks for the feeback and for listening, DM. You deserve more name dropping really as we thoroughly value your thoughts and support of the show 3 years in. Thank you and thank you to everyone else on here that continually share their thoughts on our episodes.

Me and Stoo spoke off mic that we prefer the small amount of feedback from a small amount of people like our trusted friends on the forum. I.e. we're not reliant and addicted to 50 likes and comments on Facebook as the show is rather small anyway so thank you all again. :) It's no discouraging either in any way to NOT get comments because we're doing this for the fun... despite the work. :)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:34 am

Helped me through (along with a few other podcasts, but of course they're shit compared to the the POF! :wink: ) two long fucking days at work.

Ken tearing New Police Story a New Asshole was great, I agree with everything you said Ken, but the film will always still hold a special place in my heart ! and I, like Stoo seem to forgive it a lot more than other fans. And all the talk of Little Big Soldier has really made me excited to see it.

I'm glad Ken brought up the point of Shinjuku seeming to have missing scenes and jumpy transitions during the latter half, because that's exactly one one the bad points I brought up in my review. The rest is dark, bloody and brilliant.

Great finale lads, great words regarding the fans as well Ken, because I know we all love the show and love discussing it and the communal and friendly settings of the POF board make it much more enjoyable to be a part of, then say, a podcast listened to by thousands, where no few people's input actually counts.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Lantern Jaw » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:21 pm

New Police Story holds a fondness for me too. I went to the cinema to see it on my own because no other fucker was interested and I had only just heard about it's existence the day or two before. I coudn't believe I was suddenly sat in a cinema about to watch a brand new Police Story flick!

I agree with K on many points though the movie's mission in a way was to hammer home the fact that Jackie was now being serious, if it laboured over that job a little to hard I reckon this was for the benefit of novice Jackie fans. Fans of Crime Story already knew it, hell You can even detect it in Island of Fire. That's a full decade and a half spent knowing Jackie could play it serious before New PS came along. (not including Jackie's serious kung-fu performances in the likes of The Killer Meteors opposite Jimmy Wang Yu ...etc)

I have yet to see Shinjuku or Little Big Soldier, but I am extra keen now. Great episode dudes :D
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Stoo » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:51 pm

Great feedback from my favourite audience :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Jeff » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:11 am

Ken, your rant was not only priceless, but truly valid! I totally understand all your points! However. . . I'm like Stoo on this one, ;P It was a pretty big deal for me when it came out, and I LOVED it when I first watched it, and teh dozen or so times since. However, 6 years later its not quite as great as it was then, and the score is pretty awfully placed(well actually I have the soundtrack on my itunes and its a nice score on its own. . .). . .

great show guys!
Jeff
Dean Shek Fan

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion