[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast on Fire 85: Vampire Season #3 – Mr. Vampire 3/Saga 4

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:04 am

Podcast on Fire 85: Vampire Season #3 – Mr. Vampire 3/Saga 4

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast on Fire 85: Vampire Season #3 – Mr. Vampire 3/Saga 4

Postby Knetan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:33 pm

ENJOY and we would love to hear your feedback!

Are we turning you on to this genre for the first time?
Has it inspired you to seek out the flicks?
Is it a complete waste of time?

:)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Podcast on Fire 85: Vampire Season #3 – Mr. Vampire 3/Sa

Postby Cactus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:25 am

Halfway through the show, gotta say that I loooove The Frighteners (and the other early Peter Jackson films). I got the VHS, two DVDs and the Signature Collection laserdisc box set :D If Mr. Vampire 3 is anything like it, I gotta see it.
Cactus
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:57 am

For a little while it is but they go their own routes respectively. :)

Waiting for a Blu of The Frighteners. It reached HD-DVD but no Blu of the Director's cut yet (would like a set of both cuts).
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Cactus » Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 am

The blu was actually listed for an october or november release but disappeared from the lists with no comment. Hopefully they'll not repeat the mistake they did with the HD-DVD where they crammed the film and the 4½ hour documentary on one disc. It would be nice if they put both versions on it, but I really think the DC is just as good and doesn't feel 15 minutes longer at all. Jackson is working on blus for all his early films but he's been saying that for years now so I'm not expecting anything soon...
Cactus
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Lantern Jaw » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:09 pm

Not really, I was already a fan of A Chinese Ghost Story, Zu Warriors, Spooky Encounters and especially Encounters of the Spooky Kind which is one of my favourite movies. Thanks to POF however, I am getting further into the genre and my appreciation of Lam Ching Ying is at an all time high. Next halloween I want to dress up as a Chinese Soothsayer.

Hell yeah ! Though I have had some assistance with this ! I do plan to seek out further examples. It has also inspired me to see if I can stop Jen from talking by sticking a yellow piece of paper with Chinese text to her forehead.

Only if enjoyment for enjoyment's sake is a complete waste of time.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 pm

Awesome ! The connection from Mr. Vampire to my ballbags was very slick. :lol:

Yes ! A genre I'm not completely a fan of (unlike LJ, Encounters of the Spooky Kind didn't appeal to me 100% (mostly the supernatural elements) and failed to lead me into the genre) but the Mr. Vampire series and your reviews and commentary is definitely perking my interest !

It has ! 2 down, with 3 and 4 most probably on the horizon to pick up myself.

How can it be ?!
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Another great show. Needless to say as a huge Sammo fan I've been well into the genre for quite a while and own all of the films discussed so far. I don't have Mr Vampire 92. It's out of print everywhere I've looked but I've only ever heard bad things about it anyway. Not had your thoughts on it yet though. (Keep them for the cast. :wink: )

As for the waste of time question......... Get real. Your enthusiasm and love for the subject could only have a possitive effect. You keep knocking the podcasts out and I for one will keep listening. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Cactus » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Cactus
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:20 pm

Someone might've switched them around but 92 is its own movie. Stars Lam, Chin Siu-ho, Ricky Hui and Sandra Ng.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:43 pm

For those interested the HKL Mr Vampire dvd is going unusually cheap(ish):

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mr-Vampire-DVD-20 ... 230d6d37ae
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion