[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Podcast on Fire 87: Mike-Cast 2011

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:34 am

Podcast on Fire 87: Mike-Cast 2011

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Podcast on Fire 87: Mike-Cast 2011

Postby Stoo » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:32 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Re: Podcast on Fire 87: Mike-Cast 2011

Postby Knetan » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:29 pm

The first file didn't sound great and especially not balanced but Henrik Andersson corrected that for us. Balanced, more background noise but it's inherit in the original recording. This is AS good as it can sound at this point so uploading it NOW again.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Great episode guys. I'd love one of those Shaws big box of tricks. What would also be great is if there was a Golden Harvest one and each studio was forced into competetivly competing for our money. (if Golden Harvest still existed of course)

Having said that, the idea of buying something that essentially just contains digital data, despite the mamoth amount of movies involved seems a bit crazy, when a pay per download system could work just as well. The sheer amount of movies in the box would mean that each one may only get one or two viewings anyway.

On the subject of Jackie, leading from what Mike was saying... I believe the only true Jackie Chan movies are the ones he writes, directs, stars in, and perhaps sings the music of. Unfortunately there are really only a select few of these, but what movies they are! Jackie directed by Sammo is a close second, good, classics even (apart from Mr Nice Guy), but for me only Jackie really knows Jackie ...and I include Project A in that; Jackie given the daunting task of directing all three brothers.

Again, great episode.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:44 pm

Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sun Feb 13, 2011 8:33 am

"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:50 am

Great show Guys. Always good to have Mike in the mix.

I do want all the boxes mentioned, especially the Shaws, Golden Harvest and IFD ones. (The Cat III would be nice but not essential. :oops: )

And again the mention of Licence To Steal.......... :cry:

Mike has it and hasn't watched it!!!??????
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 9:54 am

Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:33 am

Ha Ha. Personally I'm very keen on the exploitation/horror aspects of Cat III. I just fall more into a twisted sicko bracket than a sleaze one. :wink: I'm just way more interested in the other 3 discussed. Not that I could afford any of them anyway. :cry:

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:37 am

Very much looking forward to the Cat III series though. I'm ready for info and recommendations.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:44 am

You will find a nice balance of info and fun on the show, ALWAYS. First ep concerns a discussion of Michiko Nickerwashing (or whoever Stoo pronounced her name once) ;)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Slipstreamer » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:38 pm

All hail The Magnificent Trio.
Last edited by Slipstreamer on Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slipstreamer
Dean Shek Fan

Postby jeffchow » Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:36 pm

great podcast guys good to see the trio together cant wait to for next episode of whats korean cinema Welcome to Dongmakgol is a great movie and shin ha kyun is awesomea actor and i have a suggestion for ken on worst korean movie
Dream of a Warrior (2001) with leon lai
jeffchow
Dean Shek Fan

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion