[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Coolest title POW15

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:03 pm

Coolest title POW15

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Coolest title POW15

Postby Master Without Focus » Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:45 pm

For the record Crippled Avengers may saound coll but is definatly not harder than Mortal Combat.

1. Nobody is scared of cripples.
2. There obviously were combats before where the avengers were crippled not killed (unlike mortal combat)
3. If the computer game was called crippled avengers and not mortal combat, everybody would see Street Fighter 2 was better and not bought it.
4. On the same theme Mortal Combat makes me think of "Get over here!"
5. Crippled avengers makes me think of the paraolympics, in fact that is a better name for the paraolympics (I have a disability I am allowed to make this joke").

That will do for now unless anyone disagrees....

What is your favorite Titile?
Master Without Focus
Dean Shek Fan

Re: Coolest title POW15

Postby Stoo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:51 pm

POW15? :wink:

I still think some titles like "Shaolin Master Killer" is the cream of the crop when it comes to bad titles.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby tonsofun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:42 pm

hard bastard was better.
gambling for head was just hilarious
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Mar 22, 2008 5:13 pm

"Hard Bastard" ........ yes. I love the Hwang Jang Lee films where he gets to show his softer side.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby tonsofun » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:13 pm

you;ve actually seen it then?
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:22 am

One of my little goals in life is to see every Hwang Jang Lee film. "Hard Bastard" is one of thoses rare Hwang Jang Lee in good buy mode. It is available for rental too through Lovefilm.

http://www.lovefilm.com/product/36927-Hard-Bastard.html

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

A film called...

Postby chen lung » Sun Mar 30, 2008 2:41 am

'Hitman In The Hand Of Buddha' features Hwang Jang Lee in a 'good guy' role :).
Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Mar 30, 2008 9:27 am

I have seen a third film where he gets top billing, but only appears in about ten minutes of it, mainly coming in at the end to kick the bad guy's butt, though the title evades me at the moment. :oops:

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby ShelfLifeClothing » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:37 pm

TOUGH BEAUTY AND THE SLOPPY SLOP is the best title.
ShelfLifeClothing
PoF Fan

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sat Dec 06, 2008 6:14 pm

I love the quaintness of titles that give the story away. Such as "Wong Fei Hung Wins The Dragon Boat Race". Makes me hope there's a twist at the end where he actually loses. :twisted:
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion