[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - POF's Website Layout

It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:22 am

POF's Website Layout

Discuss anything POF related and post your Questions to us!

Moderator: tonsofun

Re: POF's Website Layout

Postby Stoo » Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:23 pm

that options always been on the website
Stoo
Show Host

Postby chen lung » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:02 pm

Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby tonsofun » Fri Apr 04, 2008 4:42 pm

All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Stoo » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:03 pm

New theme is on site now :D
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Matt » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:25 pm

liking it 8)
Matt
Dean Shek Fan

Postby greenfanmike2 » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:39 pm

It's erm... very... err ...grey. I've been trying to think of some constructive criticism, but I haven't come up with anything. I think staring at the greyness has robbed me of my imagination. Is that the final design of the POF site?
greenfanmike2
Co-Host

Hmm...

Postby chen lung » Thu Apr 17, 2008 10:46 pm

Yeah, I'm not too fond of it either. I thought it was going to be full of Asian-related stuff, but it doesn't appear to be much different content-wise, kinda generic with the film-reel and that.

Sorry, just opinion :P .

On another note, I did manage to register and comment on the site, but on an unfortunate matter...
Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby Knetan » Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:48 pm

hey.

yea, I initially thought adding some colour (i.e our own, posted stuff) would liven it up but in the end, it needs that orange somewhere, that mix up of orange and grey as in the original site design. So yea, I think in the end our suggestions to the designer led nowhere and unless he can come up with something else, I think we're back to square one. Seems like a good guy though so...:)

And square one looked good enough. :)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:30 am

ive been fiddling around with the website myself, seeing if I could inject some color into it, actually playing around with the "film roll" you see on the homepage, replacing the "1"'s with actual scenes from asian cinema. I've asked the guy original files so that I could edit the picture myself rather than making it look like a bad cut/paste job.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Stoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 6:38 am

I've emailied several requests to the company, hopefully we could get some change soon. hopefully for free too lol
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 18, 2008 3:20 pm

what about putting images where the banners should go

or perhaps just removing it lol and having like a playlist interface where you can select different podcasts and it plays it, so people can see all the podcasts inline
Matt
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:58 pm

stop making it sound easy! :D
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Matt » Fri Apr 18, 2008 8:14 pm

its not that hard

mean like this: http://jackiechanforum.com/music/music1/

or perhaps one you will like more because you can add an image (or cover)

http://jackiechanforum.com/sample/
Matt
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Stoo » Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:15 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Matt » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:36 pm

think the colour of the music player fits in with the page though :)

also no going back to the first posts to listen to the early casts too
Matt
Dean Shek Fan

PreviousNext

Return to Podcast on Fire Discussion