[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - "Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:48 am

"Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

Post suggestions, requests, information and we'll post all the news on our future COFs!

Moderator: tonsofun

"Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

Postby Stoo » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:26 am

In aid of our Jackie Chan specials, we are going to go with the Hong Kong Legends DVD release of - Island of Fire!
Stoo
Show Host

Re: "Our No Research" Comm is...

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:44 am

Good choice. It has one hell of a cast so that should inspire plenty of chat alone.

Plus it's been about two years since I've seen it.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:17 pm

hey,

an excuse to get fucked up and see what I remember about the long cut and the cast.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:25 pm

AHA ! Tom seems to be quite influential around these parts ! I give my thoughts on Island of Fire, than a month later the POF team decide to do a commentary...soon POF will be HIS ! hahahhahahahahahha (evil baddie laugh) :lol: :lol: :lol:

LOL that will kick ass, glad I recently got round to watching it !
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Lantern Jaw » Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:27 pm

Will make for a great commentary I'm sure; it has good and bad bits. :D
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 am

hey,

I love the movie and it deserves to be taken setriously but I don't mind choosing this movie to test if we can do a commentary without prep and very live therefore.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby jrcma » Tue Aug 17, 2010 12:34 am

I actually brought the HKL disc of this in a second hand shop last week, they also had the HKL of New Fist of Fury next to it £14.99 for bruceploitation they PS3 & 360 games for less than that in the same shop.
jrcma
Forum Regular

Postby Stoo » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:01 pm

Finished recording the show an hour ago :)
Stoo
Show Host

Re: "Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

Postby Knetan » Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:04 pm

hey,

You Tube Edition coming soon!
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:52 am

Now I have absolute proof that you two can really throw it out there. I'm not really sure I took everything in on this first viewing so I will have to watch this again sometime. First impressions though - another fun commentary that is quite informative despite the no research. :D

I can confim that all those scenes that felt familiar (The road covering, shaking the bush, large breasted woman with the car, etc) were all "inspired" by the brilliant "Cool Hand Luke". I've seen it enough times. :wink: I always wondered why they never went as far as to copy the boiled egg eating part, but I guess the rice eating bit would have roughly been the equivalent.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:44 am

hey,

rough equivalent ain't for Chu Yen-Ping. He absolutely decided to skip the scene altogether. Not cool enough!

Thanks, Dm. Appreciate it. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:18 am

Very kind words DM! Thanks
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 am

Ace guys. The lack of research did not make an ounce of difference- still funny, fresh and informative. Your both big fans and good at what you do, so that is definitely more than enough to make an episode entertaining. :wink:
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:42 pm

hey,

thanks, Tom.

No hate on here for the flick? :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:12 am

I think the general consensus is we all very much enjoy the film, despite it's shortcomings ? I know thats how I felt when I saw it for the first time. Certain gritty charm.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Next

Return to Commentary On Fire