[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - "Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:50 am

"Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

Post suggestions, requests, information and we'll post all the news on our future COFs!

Moderator: tonsofun

Re: "Our No Research" Comm is... ISLAND OF FIRE (Now ONLINE)

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:57 am

Last edited by Drunken Master on Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby smileysmile18 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:49 am

This is the first commentary of yours that I listened to, just found the site a few weeks ago, great listening!

I remember when I first saw this in the mid 90s, I'd just gotten into HK films through a John Woo season on Sky and some Jackies, so I bought a bootleg of this on VHS cos I thought it was Tony Leung Chi Wai from Bullet in the Head, and spent the whole film looking for him, totally confused.

I also used to make my own home movie kung fu films called Scottish Ninja, and I remember thinking that it would be a great idea to rip off the plot twist at the end of Island of Fire for Scottish Ninja 11, as no one would have seen this obscure film. Little did I know that the twist was basically the plot for La Femme Nikita! Whoops!
smileysmile18
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Lantern Jaw » Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:53 am

No hatred from me, it was one of the first Jackie movies I bought on VHS, in fact I think it was the second. Anyway it had this cover:

Great commentry anyway, tonnes to talk about, never a dull moment!
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:18 am

Welcome to the forum smileysmile 18. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:18 pm

Stoo
Show Host

Postby smileysmile18 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks, I'm downloading the Eastern Condors one just now!
smileysmile18
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:24 pm

hey,

you tube edition coming but upload has been slow this past week, week and a half to you tube.

thankfully this is a dvd more people have compared to other chosen movies to do commentaries on.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:12 am

Not having the DVD: COF has always been an excuse to buy it :D
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:59 am

hey,

Now available as The You Tube Edition as well.

Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Previous

Return to Commentary On Fire