[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Japan On Fire 5-1 – Studio Ghibli (Introduction)

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:24 pm

Japan On Fire 5-1 – Studio Ghibli (Introduction)

A Sub-Podcast which has grown into a life of its own, Kaiju style!

Moderator: tonsofun

Japan On Fire 5-1 – Studio Ghibli (Introduction)

Postby Knetan » Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:02 pm

Japan On Fire 5-1 – Studio Ghibli (Introduction) NOW ONLINE!

http://podcastonfire.com/2011/04/japan- ... roduction/
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Japan On Fire 5-1 – Studio Ghibli (Introduction)

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:43 pm

Welcome back Japan On Fire. :D Really lookng forward to some Ghibli shows. I've seen a dozen or so over th last few years and they never fail to impress. I've still got some on my rental list though they never seem to turn up. Must be pretty darn popular. Anyway, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed the introduction show and now eagerly await the next episode.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Thanks, man. Really appreciate it!

It's such a treat being on shows where Stoo will make sure to introduce me to movies. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:46 am

Loving the Ghibli. I was lucky enough to see some Ghibli's at the cinema: Princess Mononoke, Howl's Moving Castle and Spirited Away ...amazing on the big screen. I also saw Nausica (spelling?) on CH4 one morning and was supprised to learn how old it was. The quality is so consistant with Ghibli it's untrue.

I think I saw My Neighbour Tortorro on CH4 aswell. But, without sounding like I am sucking up to the hosts, I think Laputa Castle in the Sky is my fave.

Looking forward to hearing more, aswell as perhaps how you guy's think Ghibli fits into the anime world, alongside masterpieces like Akira etc. I know you touched upon Urotsokidoji: Legend of the Demon Womb (spelling!?) I remember when someone at school lent me that back in the days of VHS, jesus christ! I had to wedge books and furniture against my bedroom door in case my mum tried to come in. To be fair, she would have seen me in a state of disturbance rather than anything else.

Great intro guy's!
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 pm

Going back to the debate on how the studio name should be said I watched a documentary on the Nausicaa Valley Of The Wind DVD today and they explained how Ghibli should be pronounced. It's "Gibb" (like the Bee Gee brothers) and Li (as in Jet)- (or "Lee" as in Bruce). So us westerners should spell it "Gibblee" . :P
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:50 pm

And yet I say it differently everytime it comes up but thanks much for the clarification! :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to Japan On Fire