[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - What’s Korean Cinema #03 – Friend NOW ONLINE

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:29 pm

What’s Korean Cinema #03 – Friend NOW ONLINE

It's our take on Korean Cinema, in under 120 minutes! (hopefully)

Moderator: tonsofun

What’s Korean Cinema #03 – Friend NOW ONLINE

Postby Knetan » Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:25 pm

What’s Korean Cinema #03 – Friend NOW ONLINE!

http://podcastonfire.com/2011/07/whats- ... 03-friend/
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: What’s Korean Cinema #03 – Friend NOW ONLINE

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 pm

Good stuff guys. My sentiment toward the film is near the same as Ken, I love the first half of Friend- the nostalgia, the boyhood adventure; but the film hit a spot where I just didn't care anymore and struggled to get to the end. Interested in seeing Champion though.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:27 pm

Another epic cast, Guys. Informative and fun. At almost 2 hours it's quite apt for a Korean film podcast. :wink:

I too found the film was not as engrossing as I was expecting it to be despite a good start and some pretty gruesome violence. I will be giving it a repeat viewing in the future though.

Looking forward to the Memories Of Murder cast. It was one of the first Korean films I saw that really got through to me.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Thank you for listening guys and cool to hear there's varied opinions of it. I kind of struggled to convey why I can respect and dislike it at the same time.

Memories Of Murder will be great and there's a perfect HD transfer on it on Blu too so this will be a grainy revisit. :)

My favourite series on the network is this believe it or not. All credit to Stoo for his enthusiasm of Korean cinema and our awesome guests.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to What's Korean Cinema?