[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Classic Hong Kong Cinema moments according to the K

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:33 pm

Classic Hong Kong Cinema moments according to the K

You knew it was coming… it was bound to happen! Ken dones the Sleazy K persona for this hopefully long running series of shows focusing on Hong Kong (s)exploitation through the ages!

Classic Hong Kong Cinema moments according to the K

Postby Knetan » Sat May 09, 2009 6:19 pm

hey,

am expanding the channel now and latest ongoing feature is and is going to be something I call "Classic Hong Kong Cinema moments according to the K". Have put up classic clips from Fight Back To School III, The Cat, Run And Kill and Killer's Nocturne! Would love to hear your feedback on this!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 1F464AC2B3
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Classic Hong Kong Cinema moments according to the K

Postby tonsofun » Sun May 10, 2009 1:55 pm

now this is an idea i wish i came up with
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby ShelfLifeClothing » Tue May 12, 2009 12:52 am

Keep 'em coming!
ShelfLifeClothing
PoF Fan

Postby Stoo » Tue May 12, 2009 6:12 am

Space Cat for the win.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Wed May 13, 2009 7:41 am

Love the idea Ken, and I just can't wait to see what clips you put up next. The Cat wins for me too so far. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Wed May 13, 2009 5:50 pm

hey,

thanks guys. Next batch will be more mixed but still very me. :)
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby ShelfLifeClothing » Wed May 13, 2009 8:51 pm

I moved The Cat to the top of my Netflix queue.
ShelfLifeClothing
PoF Fan

Postby Knetan » Wed May 13, 2009 9:41 pm

hey,

as I said, just one of 20 000 highlights from that film.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Fri May 15, 2009 7:54 pm

hey,

new batch up. Just click the link in the first post again.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby ShelfLifeClothing » Fri May 15, 2009 8:35 pm

Shanghai Blues is one of my favorite movies. I love that whenever anyone in the film tries to take a moment to recognize a moment of happiness, something hysterically ruins the moment - Kenny Bee celebrating his song getting sold and getting drenched in a sudden rainstorm; the soot blasting his buddy in the face when he opens the shutters to show what a nice day it is; the guy selling cotton taking a moment to smile at Kenny helping Sylvia Chang and getting his cotton stolen from behind him...

The mood, characters and setting are just brilliant, and the performances all lovable.

Plus, when Shing Fu On tries to escape after being tricked into bed with the older lady - only to discover he's being held at gunpoint – makes me laugh out loud.

Why is this movie not out on a quality DVD???????
ShelfLifeClothing
PoF Fan

Postby Knetan » Fri May 15, 2009 9:01 pm

hey,

the French dvd is actually a remastered print so if you gain a little knowledge in making your own dvd, there are custom English subs out there. Bonus on the dvd is a 30 minute Tsui Hark interview in English.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:35 pm

Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:02 am

Good fucking god!
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:19 pm

:lol: :D :) :shock: :? :wink: :twisted:
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Thu Jun 11, 2009 12:21 pm

hey,

"two rivals... they are my hands".

Apparently a Dragonball parody this. Not surprising coming from Wong Jing who's always parodying popular culture.
Knetan
Co-Host

Next

Return to This Week In Sleaze