[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - 365 Movies in 365 Days?/Keep track of your flicks watched

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:05 pm

365 Movies in 365 Days?/Keep track of your flicks watched

You knew it was coming… it was bound to happen! Ken dones the Sleazy K persona for this hopefully long running series of shows focusing on Hong Kong (s)exploitation through the ages!

Re: 365 Movies in 365 Days?

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:13 pm

Deadly Chucky Dolls sounds good. :lol:

I don't hold out much hope for my film for tonight either. :oops:
Last edited by Drunken Master on Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby charlie parker » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:51 pm

003 Sniper
004 Beast With A Gun

I only get through so many films because of doing sleep over shifts and having young kids, not out much after 7pm!
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:17 am

005. Chanbara Striptease 2/5

Attractive women swordfighting topless and sex! Lots of sex. Advertised as a film of "Blades Babes & Boobs" you think that says it all. If only the film was a bit more fun it would feel like more than just a second rate samurai sexploitation flick. At a very short 1 hour and 5 minutes at least it doesn't waste too much time. It's not quite as sleezy as you'd expect either. :wink:

006. SLC Punk 2.5/5

SLC stands for Salt Lake City. This indie comedy about rebelling Punk Rockers in a Mormon dominated State is never as sharp or cutting as you would think. There are some interesting facts thrown in to the drama but this ends up just being a film about a youth acting like an idiot waiting to grow up into a responsible adult.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:56 am

001. Deuce Bigalow: Male Gigolo
Last edited by Tom K.W. on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Stoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:15 am

Stoo
Show Host

Postby Stoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:34 pm

003. Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo
004. Stand By Me
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Sep 03, 2010 9:47 pm

ITV4 HIGH FIVE !! *slap*

CAN'T BE ARSED TO PUT ON DVD HIGH FIVE !! *slap*

:lol:
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Stoo » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:23 pm

005. The Darjeeling Limited
006. Cloverfield
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:08 am

007. Funny Games U.S. 3/5

Almost a shot for shot remake by orininal director Michael Haneke that somehow manages to be less powerful than his German version. Worth seeing if you haven't seen the original, but go there if you can.

008. Drag Me To Hell. 3/5

This is a rewatch for me and although the mix of horror and gross out comedy is spot on I can't help thinking how much I need to rewatch the Evil Dead films. Fun but possibly a touch over hyped.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Knetan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:46 am

005. Dangerous Person
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:17 pm

006. Fatal Mission
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Sat Sep 04, 2010 8:14 pm

007. From Dusk Till Dawn
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:05 am

009. The Wolf Man 3/5

This Universal classic from 1941 is set in Wales though not filmed there, yet that little fact is never mentioned at all and almost everyone has American accents. The cutting edge monster effects are pretty lame but Lon Chaney Jr does bring a fair bit of emotion to his role of Laurence Talbot, the reluctant monster. It is also worth noting that for a werewolf film there are no shots of the full moon.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:55 am

007. Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:37 am

010. In The Line Of Duty III 4/5

I can't believe it has taken me so long to get around to watching this little gem. It's been on my to watch pile for months. :oops: The action is pretty much wall to wall with quite a bit of it far more brutal and bloody than anything in the previous "Duty" films. I have to confess that Cynthia Khan won me over in the opening sequence where she rips her skirt to do those high kicks. :shock: The cameos fom Richard Ng and Eric Tsang were unexpected and fun. Were they playing their "Lucky Stars" characters? It seemed so.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

PreviousNext

Return to This Week In Sleaze