[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - 365 Movies in 365 Days?/Keep track of your flicks watched

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:43 am

365 Movies in 365 Days?/Keep track of your flicks watched

You knew it was coming… it was bound to happen! Ken dones the Sleazy K persona for this hopefully long running series of shows focusing on Hong Kong (s)exploitation through the ages!

Re: 365 Movies in 365 Days?

Postby Knetan » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 am

hey,

benefit movie for Lo Wei who did during the movie or shortly thereafter so lack of effort is excused.

Way too LONG movie too.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:11 am

003. The Avenging Fist
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:19 am

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby charlie parker » Tue Sep 07, 2010 12:53 pm

005. Street Trash
006. Rambo 2
007 Machete cough
008 Expendables
009 Ip Man: The Legend Begins
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Drunken Master » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:16 am

012. Bad Biology 0.5/5

Frank Henenlotter's return to film making after more than a 10 year gap has a few mildly interesting moments but overall it is a big disappointment. The subject matter about sexual abnormalities is sleezy and contraversal, and the nudity level is ramped up way above anything he has done previosly but the biggest crime of all is that it ends up a humourless and boring mess.

I've watched about 90 minutes of Love Exposure too. So far so good :wink: .

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:05 am

004. The Heroic Ones
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:01 pm

011. The Pursuit Of Happyness
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Knetan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:50 pm

012. The Fighting Fists Of Shanghai Joe
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Lantern Jaw » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:26 pm

Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 8:45 pm

hey,

got its bunch of aka's, Dragon Strikes Back, My Name Is Shanghai Joe etc.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:01 am

013. Session 9 3/5

Atmospheric psychological horror about a group of workers clearing asbestos from an old asylum. It is a slow burner for the first three quarters until the big twist reveal. Good, but far from the classic that some fans of this would have you believe.

Also watched a bit more of Love Exposure but I won't add to my list until the four hour epic is completed. :shock:

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:55 am

003 Bullitt
004 Step Brothers
Last edited by Tom K.W. on Wed Jul 05, 2017 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:07 pm

013. Return Of The Evil Fox
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:47 pm

014. Sweeney Todd:The Demon Barber Of Fleet Street. 2.5/5

This was a rewatch for Tim Burton's pitch black take on the Broadway musical. The cast is a solid British one supporting Johnny Depp who does a brilliant Bowie impersonation. The blood splashing is way over the top to the point you can't help smiling, but the musical numbers are just plain boring. In fact this second viewing was a bit of a task. I doubt a third will ever arise.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:05 am

015. Love Exposure 4.5/5

Wow! The fact that this is around four hours is the only real downside. For a movie of such length it manages to effortlessly entertain despite its quirky, often sleazy and occasionally off the wall plot lines. Difficult to do it justice with a simple synopsis I won't even try. It constantly surprises and even though it often teeters on the bounderies of the down right bizzare you are always engaged by the characters. Some sequences are almost cartoonlike while others are painfully emotional. There are even moments of fight action and blood soaked swordplay thrown into the mix. This film deserves multiple viewings..... if only it wasn't so damned long to be watched in one go I'd start again right now.

Drunken Master
PoF Star

PreviousNext

Return to This Week In Sleaze