[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - This Week In Sleaze 1 – Meet your hosts and history time

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:07 am

This Week In Sleaze 1 – Meet your hosts and history time

You knew it was coming… it was bound to happen! Ken dones the Sleazy K persona for this hopefully long running series of shows focusing on Hong Kong (s)exploitation through the ages!

This Week In Sleaze 1 – Meet your hosts and history time

Postby Knetan » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:42 pm

THIS WEEK IN SLEAZE Episode 1 is now online!

http://podcastonfire.com/2011/02/this-w ... tory-time/
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: This Week In Sleaze 1 – Meet your hosts and history time

Postby Cha-lee » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:22 am

Hi all. Just wanted to formally introduce myself here. I'm 'Kingwho?', one half of the This Week In Sleaze duo. I have been trolling around this forum for a month or so and i'm really glad to see a low key, tight night, Asian cinema loving community you guys have got going on here. Everyone here seems genuine and that is most definitely refreshing.

I hope everyone enjoys the show and sticks around for future episodes. Ken did a heckuva job with it!

Thanks again, Ken, for the opportunity!

Cheers, guys!
Cha-lee
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Drunken Master » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Welcome to the forum Jared.... er Kingwho? I'm looking forward to your input into the SLEAZE casts. I'm sure between you and Ken there will be plenty of inspired discussion of all things Cat III. :D
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby charlie parker » Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:33 pm

Good show guys! Personally interested in the subject so it'll be good to hear some indepth focus on films.
motorhead!!
charlie parker
Ken Fan!

Postby Tom K.W. » Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:34 am

Very interesting show fellas !!

It's exciting watching POF expand and branch out. Again, you make even a subject I'm not particularly engulfed in or know a lot about, sound exciting down to your knowledge and passion on speaking about the genre !

Ace stuff, good to see you hear Jared !
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Stoo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:22 am

As Tom said it was interesting to hear about a part of Hong Kong Cinema I'm not familiar with and Kingwho? is a another refreshing co-host :)
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:26 am

Finally got to listen to the show in full. Great start to the series and very imformative. I already knew a little bit about the HK rating system but it was nice to hear it discussed in detail. I'm looking forward to you both covering some films in more depth.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:31 am

Don't know what to say really. It was everything a show could be and I feel privilaged to have heard it. Seriously.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:36 am

What a lovely bunch of chaps you are. Thank for the kind words and feedback. I'm glad our enthusiasm travels to an extent. I think you're gonna like the epic episode 2.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:30 pm

I'm going to fit a rewatch of Dr Lamb in this weekend as preparation. :D

Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby jeffchow » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:00 am

gotta to admit i wasnt looking foward to this podcast but i gave it a shot great podcast i loved that you went into depth about the history of cat 3 looking forward to dr lamb great job
jeffchow
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Knetan » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:20 am

Thanks, man. I appreciate it! :) For sure, it's not a subject matter (even when speaking of it in general) that appeals to everyone, not should it. I'm glad we're reaching you.
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to This Week In Sleaze