[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Production rate of POF slowing down? Good or bad?

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm

Production rate of POF slowing down? Good or bad?

Help us by answering our polls...or die...crane style.

Production rate of POF slowing down? Good or bad?

Postby Knetan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:39 pm

hey,

in an effort to develop and make Podcast On Fire more distinctive and stronger, as I've said before I'm keen on making the specials be much more of an integral part of the show (and guests). Personally I'm feeling the banter shows are great fun but lately I've been kiiiinda of feeling (from my own perspective looking at my own contribution) it's been hard to churn them out.

So I'm thinking, "regular" shows if you will might/could decrease a little unless questions pile up as well as the big news. We've been producing shows at such a rate these last few years that I think it won't affect us, On the contrary, the mix of big specials and a few less regular shows will be a benefactor for the show. Personally it would also sooth me more as time will allow the specials to be planned at a much better paced and essentially be done researched way ahead of recording.

Am I making sense?

What do you think?

Not really putting up a poll but looking more for feedback.
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Re: Production rate of POF slowing down? Good or bad?

Postby tonsofun » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:01 pm

if a slowdown of production makes better shows, it is never a bad thing. no point churning one out everyweek if its no good.

in my experience the banter can be good. but it should never be forced. it helps if you know people first but most fans of eastern cinema share a common bond so chemistry is mostly guaranteed. my last pof experience taught me that banter just happens. like an erection it can't be faked
All castles had one major weakness. The enemy used to get in through the giftshop
tonsofun
PoF Vetern

Postby Knetan » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:18 pm

hey,

sweet quote my friend. ;)

As I said to Stoo, I'd rather catch those feelings below before they take over and pro-active in making a personal change.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:57 pm

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Tom K.W. » Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:36 pm

Yep, quality over quantity everytime. I love all aspects of POF; banter shows, in-depth specials etc., if we have to wait longer for shows to retain the quality it is now, no sweat.

The way my work schedule is at the moment anyway, the decrease of POFs may make it easier for me to keep up ! :wink:
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby HongKongDave » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:11 pm

Quality over quantity for sure
HongKongDave
Dean Shek Fan

Postby Lantern Jaw » Sat Jun 19, 2010 8:10 am

I demand quality AND quantity! :evil:
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:02 am

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Stoo » Sat Jun 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Yeah, I know lol

Maybe recording a show this week.
Stoo
Show Host

Postby chen lung » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:57 pm

I think the solution is having more people on (three minimum) for the one general podcast. It is difficult when you're trying to catch everyone and lots of people talking, but maybe there could be a sort-of test to see how it goes. For the specials, you can invite guests on who may know of the subject.

If Stoo's busy (and Mike being away), maybe Ken would consider hosting certain shows?

I want to get into it again, so maybe I could try to be on the show sometimes if you want.
Scott
chen lung
Ninja Fan

Postby Knetan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:59 am

hey,

I think we're in a good place. The specials are planned with extra people, some are partially recorded already so it'll be good and I think we have a patient audience.
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Stoo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:33 pm

I think we need to look into recording our shows on any date instead of our set Wednesday.

BUT saying that, I'm free this Wednesday evening lol

Ken!

Me, You and the Island of Fire!
Stoo
Show Host

Postby Knetan » Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:25 pm

hey,

I'm good to go for that experiment yea and research on the 4th show will be done very soon, awaiting the movies and then we'll go.
Knetan
Co-Host

Return to Polls