[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4510: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4512: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4513: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 4514: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3706)
Podcast on Fire • View topic - Jackie Chan Special 4/4 (The 00's) (Poll 1/2)

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:42 pm

Jackie Chan Special 4/4 (The 00's) (Poll 1/2)

Help us by answering our polls...or die...crane style.

Which movies should we discuss

Poll ended at Thu Aug 26, 2010 1:32 pm

Shanghai Noon (2000)
11%
The Accidental Spy (2001)
18%
Rush Hour 2 (2001)
4%
The Tuxedo (2002)
7%
Shanghai Knights (2003)
14%
The Twins Effect (2003)
No votes
The Medallion (2003)
11%
Around the World in 80 Days (2004)
7%
The Twins Effect II (2004)
No votes
New Police Story (2004)
29%

Total votes : 28

Jackie Chan Special 4/4 (The 00's) (Poll 1/2)

Postby Stoo » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:32 pm

Wow Jackie's done some many movies, excluding his cameo appearances and produced work, he still managed to star in 20 movies!

As before you have 3 options! Choose wisely!

Stoo
Show Host

Re: Jackie Chan Special 4/4 (The 00's) (Poll 1/2)

Postby Tom K.W. » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:05 pm

The Tuxedo, because it's probably worth ripping into once more :lol:

The Medallion, because from what I've read it seems to be quite an interesting story behind the scenes, even if it did turn out pants !

and New Police Story, because despite it's shortcomings, it's my favourite of the decade.
Tom K.W.
PoF Historian

Postby Knetan » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:03 am

hey,

Shanghai Noon, Knights and Accidental Spy for this poll. The others, make them stay away! ;)
Ken's other hidden caves of wonders: , ,
Knetan
Co-Host

Postby Drunken Master » Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:41 am

I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby Lantern Jaw » Fri Aug 13, 2010 10:58 pm

I should probably go for ones that I have seen, So therefore: 80 Days, Tuxedo and New Police Story :D

The whole trend of teaming Jackie up with someone else of equal screen time is fascinating. If I were being cynical I would say that it's because no Hollywood film producer has ever had any faith in Jackie being the actual star of a an American movie. He's always paired up with someone just to play it safe. :? Anyway, I can't wait for the next Jackie special. :D

I haven't seen the Shinjuku Incident yet, I expected it to be on this list though.
"What a technique, I must try it on your sister."
Lantern Jaw
PoF Vetern

Postby Drunken Master » Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:31 am

When you think about it we are talking ten films in five years............

I'm sure you've noticed the second half of the deade by now LJ? :oops:

I agree with what you say about the U.S. films. He always seemed to get teamed up with someone, thus creating a double act so that it would sell to a mainstream audience. No doubt there are quite a few JC fans who are quite aware of what he could do, but the studios like to edge ther bets. The only one that doesn't really fit the bill is The Medallion..... but when all is said and done it was more of a HK/UK collaboration.
I fought against the bottle.......but I had to do it drunk.

"My Style.... You Could Call It The Art Of Fighting Without Fighting" (") {-.-} (")
Drunken Master
PoF Star

Postby jrcma » Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 am

jrcma
Forum Regular

Return to Polls